Saturday, 6 December 2008
Sunday, 7 September 2008
Sunday, 17 August 2008
The earlier church in the parish was built in the 12th Century and its ruin can be found in Gullane. Permission was given to Sir Thomas Erskine to build this new church in 1612. The reason quoted was that the old kirk "is sa incommodiouslie situat beside the sea sand that the same, with the kirk yard thereof, is continewallie overblawin with sand, that nather the Kirk servis commodiouslie for the convening of the parichiners, nor yet the kirk yard for their Burial".
This imposing mural monument is situated on the east side of the church. At the top is a coat of arms. The inscription is now unreadable but is thought to belong to the Heriot family who were important in East Lothian in the 16th and 17th Centuries.